The power of charm is a very simple, basic and mundane book. I cannot seem to find any advanced insights and knowledge in this book (maybe because I am continuously reading a lot), but this might be very useful for you. In the book, Brian and Ron go around stating a list of simplistic conversational activities & behaviours pattern adaptations that one need to practice and inhabit to become more charismatic.
The central idea of the book is the meaning of charm i.e. making others feel valuable and valued.
Although, Brian & Ron use many of their life examples to support their statements and the set of new adaptations they are talking about throughout the book.
Below are the 10 BIG IDEAS of this book! Let’s begin with the secret of charm statement from this book..
THE SECRET OF CHARM
“The deepest craving of human nature is to feel valued and valuable. The secret of charm is therefore simple: make people feel important.”
Well, so how do you make people feel important & valued? Follow the below hacks!
1. Genuinely Smile when you meet eyes with people. Don’t fake a smile because it is easily recognised.
2. Say Thank you! Never leave a opportunity to make someone feel appreciated.
3. Be quick to Praise. Praising and appreciating people for their achievements, acts and progress will elevate their self esteem, which will make them feel important.
4. Genuinely compliment people. Find atleast 3 things that you can compliment for that person. It makes them feel good.
5. Give 100% UNDIVIDED Attention to the person who is talking with you. Giving your full presence is essential because everbody wants to be listened to. Get rid of your phone, TV or any activity that you are doing when someone is talking to you. Convince them that you have their undivided attention.
6. Listen attentively. Listen more than you talk.
7. Pause before replying, this shows that you are truly listening and analysing what the other person is saying.
8. Question for clarification: Ask questions for deeper connections and conversations because shallow talk won’t do good to anyone.
9. Respect: respect others and yourself enough to truly listen and feel what the other person has to say. You can say whatever you want so as long as you say it with respect. Don’t cut off the person’s talk, wait for them to finish, then you continue.
10. Be impressed by people! The more interest you show in people the more interested will they be in you and the best way to show interest in people is by sustaining Prolonged Eye contact. A person is boring only when you fail to show interest in them.
There you go, these were the top 10 ideas of the book. I would recommend you to read the book because it contains more such powerful yet simple ideas that can boost your charm quotient.
“Your reputation, how people think and talk about you when you are not there, is your most valuable personal and professional asset. It is the sum total of the impression you make on others when they spend time in your presence.”
Share it with people and don’t forget to infect people around you with your magnetic charm!
Have a charismatic day!
By Aman Varma • Happiness Coach • Author
50+ Blogs at: http://www.amanvarma.com/blog
Free eBooks, Videos, Frameworks & Instructor Guides.
Join WhatsApp Group for daily goodness: https://chat.whatsapp.com/ERfRko9Gbvj81qklwckIDY or text “add” to +91 7769000161
Like Facebook Page Happiness Coach: Aman Varma : http://www.facebook.com/amancoach
Subscribe to YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCXNYY3IYJzwf1lXqyP8aMCw
JOIN THE CHAMPION’S ACADEMY @ http://www.amanvarma.com ONLY FOR EXCLUSIVE & BADASS PEOPLE.
THE SCHOOL THIS WORLD NEVER HAD BEFORE WITH A COMPLETE NEW EDUCATION SYSTEM. YOU MIGHT WANNA JOIN IN BECAUSE I WANT YOUR LIFE TO BE AMAZING AND COUNTED.